Friday at any time
Monday at any time
Tuesday at any time
Wednesday at any time
Thursday at any time
Saturday at any time
Up to 25 minutes away for a flat fee
EducationProfile updated: 2/21/2017
B.S. in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior from University of California, Davis from 2008-2011
Coursework taken at community colleges around the bay area to advance my career goals. Colleges include Merritt College, Laney College, Foothill College, DeAnza College, and Skyline College
Currently a doctorate of physical therapy candidate, Class of 2020
ExperienceRecent coursework: General Chemistry, Statistics, Exercise Physiology, Public Speaking, Medical Terminology, Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, and Sports in Society (to advance my career goals)
1) University of California, Davis College of Biological Sciences Tutor (April 2010-June 2011)
- tutored 10-15 undergraduate college students in Introductory Biology on a weekly basis
- created exam-type problems, answered any student questions on course material, and provided additional resources for understanding course material; overall, helped students understand the material from different and simpler points of view
2) Independent Private Tutor (September 2011-Present)
- private one-on-one and two-on-one tutor
- create written and visual study aides such as worksheets, quizzes, diagrams, and graphics as well as present videos to cater to individual learners
- break down study material and lecture students on it; ensure students can lecture back to show understanding
- help with finding effective study methods and organization skills to fit the student's study habits
- ensure parents can track their student's progress
3) Bay Area Writing Project - Teaching Assistant for Young Writers' Camp (June-August 2006)
- assisted instructor in teaching writing to about 15 sixth to seventh grade students; reviewed their writing work and helped with spelling, grammar, sentence structure, etc.
- created weekly parent newsletter on student activities and progress
4) Ardenwood Elementary School - Afterschool Math Tutor (February 2005-June 2006)
- tutored groups of and individuals in sixth grade students in basic mathematics in an afterschool tutoring program
- helped students with the different math problems assigned by their teacher
SAT Math Score: 700, SAT Math Subject Test Score: 720
AP Biology Score: 5
AP U.S. History Score: 4
Relevant Coursework I Have Taken (but do not necessarily tutor in): Biology, Biochemistry (Structure and Function of Biomolecules, Cell Function Regulation, Bioenergetics and Metabolism, Genes and Gene Expression), Systemic Physiology, Reproductive Physiology, Gastrointestinal Physiology, Calculus, General Psychology, Writing in Science, Introduction to Literature, Abnormal Psychology, Kinesiology, Microbiology, Human Anatomy
Why do I want to be a tutor? It's simple! I love to teach! It's truly rewarding to help students improve their understanding of academic subjects and expand their knowledge. Studying should not be a burden for students, but rather a great opportunity to learn something new and embrace it. I want to help students of all ages become stronger, spark their curiosity, and give them the boost they need to excel.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or concerns regarding subject matters, details on availability, pricing, etc. and I will reply back in a timely manner. Feel free to also ask if I tutor in a subject not listed, such as kinesiology!
HobbiesMy hobbies include playing tennis, hiking, doing various arts and crafts such as painting and sketching, puzzles, cooking (especially baking), and reading. I am always up to trying new things, so this is a very brief overview of my hobbies and interests! Some of my current goals are to practice yoga and run a marathon!
Cell Biology, 5th Grade Writing, 6th Grade Science, 6th Grade Writing, 4th Grade Science, 7th Grade Science, 8th Grade Science, Biotechnology, Medical Terminology, Public Speaking, Statistics, GRE, GRE Quantitative, GRE Analytical Writing, GRE Verbal, 5th Grade Science, Writing, Psychology, Essay Editing, General Biology, Neurobiology, Science, Science, Gastroenterology, Summer Tutoring, Microbiology, Biology, Advanced Placement, AP Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, 3rd Grade Science, Nutrition
Client Reviews (3)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.